Monday, June 28, 2010

Compliments to the Chef

Soon after having children of my own old enough to eat regular food, I realized you have to have a solid, positive self-esteem to cook for a family. I have certainly heard more than my share of eewwws and yucks through the years, but Wendy's comment of last week takes the cake. I tried a new recipe, pacific pork kebabs with pineapple rice. After the prayer was said, Wendy tasted a few bites with her face all distorted into disgusting expressions, and said, "Wow Mom, where did you get all this gross food?" As if it was preposterous that there could be so much gross food in the same place a the same time. Needless to say, James scolded her for being rude and I burst out laughing. You can't win them all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh. You know, I just had an idea. Wendy needs a blog all her own. She'd have a HUGE following in no time at all! I'm laughing at her hilarious honesty while at the same time empathizing with that terrible pain that a chef-mom feels all too often.

    And, P.S. - I would LOVE to try the pork kebabs and pineapple rice.

    ReplyDelete